We had such a good time in Europe this year. It was great to be surrounded by good friends. Amazing time in Bretagne, Paris, Berlin and London
This tabouleh salad is very easy to prepare, the couscous can be replaced by quinoa or millet (for a GF version)
Eating healthy without spending too much time in the kitchen … It was our summer goal!
Nous avons passé de superbe vacances cette année en Europe. Génial d’être entourée de nos amis.
Et de bons moments avec belle maman au Croisic
Ce petit taboule est facile a préparé, ont peux facilement remplacée le taboule par du quinoa ou du millet (pour une version GF) Manger sainement sans passée trop de temps en cuisine! c’etait le but de l’été.
- 1 cup of couscous
- 1 cup of hot water
- 2 tbs of olive oil
- half cup of chick peas
- 2 to 3 tomatoes (cut in small cubes)
- 2 small cucumbers (cut in small cubes)
- 1 handful of dried raisins
- Lemon, olive oil, salt, pepper to taste
- Place 1 cup of couscous in a bowl, add 2 tbs of olive oil, stir well, add the hot water.
- Stir well, set aside for 10 minutes.
- Stir again the couscous should be ready. Allow to cool down for 1/2 hour
- Cut the tomatoes, cucumber, shallots.
- Chop the mint & parsley
- Place in a big salad bowl add the couscous.
- Drizzle some lemon juice & olive oil, add salt & pepper.
- Place in the fridge for 1 hour
- et voila Tabouleh salad is ready
- If you want to eat the salad later do not put the lemon juice.
Taboulé de légume crue
- 1 tasse de couscous
- 1 tasse d'eau chaude
- 2 c a s d'huile d'olive
- 1/2 tasse de poix chiches
- 2 tomates (coupé en petit dés)
- 2 petits concombres (coupé en petits dés)
- 1 poignée de raisins
- Jus de citron, huile d'olive, sel et poivre
- Mettre le couscous dans un bol, y ajoute les 2 cuillères a soupe d'huile d'olive puis l'eau chaude, Remuer légèrement puis laisser reposer pendant 10 minutes.
- Une fois le couscous prêt laisser refroidir pendant 1 heure.
- Couper les tomates, concombres en petit dés, ciselé la menthe et le persil.
- Metter le tout dans un grand bol a salade.
- Rajouter le couscous, assaisonner de citron, d'huile d'olive, sel et poivre.
- A manger de suite ou laisser reposer dans le refregirateur pendant 1 heure
This easy raw overnight soaked porridge breakfast is on my top 5. Very versatile you can mix it with anything you like
Overnight soaked porridge
- 1 cup of rolled oats (GF)
- 1 cup 1/2 of almond milk
- 1 tbs of chia seeds
- sunflower & pumpkin seeds
- 2tbs dried raisins
- 2 tbs of raw almonds
- any topping and fresh fruits
- Coconut sugar (Optional)
- Place the oats and the milk in a big bowl, stir well.
- Add the chia, seeds and almonds
- Place in the fridge overnight.
- Next morning place in jars and add the coconut sugar and pomegranate seeds
- You can add anything you like
- Et voila
Sometimes we just want to stay in bed, watch a good movie and eat an ice cream!!! this is what happened to me this week end. This coconut, vanilla and banana ice cream is a winner.
You can add any toppings and i am sure everyone will enjoy it
Try and let me know ♥
coco/banana ice cream
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 1/4 ts of vanilla powder
- Maple sirup (optional)
- Dark chocolate
- Sesame seeds
- Place the frozen bananas in a food processor, process for few seconds.
- Add the milk & vanilla, process until you get a smooth & creamy mixture
- Serve in a bowl adding any topping of your choice
Valentine’s day is nearly upon us ♥
Time to get ready for a Rawmantic snack.
The chocolate fondue is made of smooth avocado, raw cacao, oat milk and maple sirup.
It will take 5 minutes to make and it is a delicious treat for littles one too
Rawmantic chocolate fondue
- 1 big avocado or 2 smalls
- 1/4 cup of maple sirup
- 1/2 cup of nut milk
- 4 tbs of raw cacao
- 1 ts of vanilla nectar
- 1 tbs of coconut oil (optional)
- Place all the ingredients in a small high speed blender.
- You might need to add more milk or more sirup according to your taste.
- Place any fruits of your choice on a nice plate.
- Et voila dip the fruits in the chocolate fondue and enjoy
- The fondue will last 4 days in the fridge
My daughter turned one last Saturday. I cannot believe how fast time went by.
To celebrate this big day I wanted to make something easy, healthy that everyone of course could eat, especially Mia. So here we go: Vegan mini Cupcake & Avocado/ Chocolate Frosting.
These cupcakes are light and so yummy :
Vegan mini cupcakes & avocado/ chocolate frosting
- 1 1/2 cup of wholemeal flour
- 1/2 cup of melted cold press coconut oil (or olive oil )
- 1 tbs of baking powder
- 1/2 ts of vanilla powder
- 1/2 cup of maple sirup
- 3/4 cup of almond milk (or any nut milk)
- Avocado/ chocolate frosting
- 1 avocado
- 100g of melted chocolate or 1/2 cup of raw cacao ( I use green and black )
- 3 tbs of maple sirup ( add more if needed)
- Preheat the oven to 240 degrees
- Combine the flour, baking powder, vanilla powder
- Add the melted coconut oil, maple sirup, almond milk,
- Stir well
- Place the mixture into a mini cupcake tray
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Let it cool down while preparing the frosting.
- To make the avocado/ chocolate frosting
- Simply place the avocado, melted chocolate and maple sirup in a small blender. Blend until smooth
- Place the frosting on the cupcakes using a spoon or a decorating tip.
- Eat immediately
- This time i use some melted dark chocolate from Green & Black but some raw cacao or carob powder will have a nice taste too. I made 16 mini cupcakes from the mixture but had only one cupcake tray so i made it in 2 times.
- If you wish to eat the cupcake later, place the frosting in the fridge and assemble last minute.
- I hope you will enjoy as much as we all did.
Now that my daughter Mia has started nursery, it is time to kick start my weekly workshop with my son Nathan. Every week i will share easy & kids friendly recipes.
Today Nathan made vegan apple tartlets, apple and mango compote. The crust is made of spelt flour, coconut oil and water which is much lighter than a traditional non vegan dough. This recipe is very easy to prepare. If you don’t have time you can get some already made compote and prepare the dough in advance. The crust is made with spelt flour but it will work with wholemeal or buckweat flour too.
Rolling and playing with the dough was definitely lots of fun!!! I was so amazed to see Nathan being so detailed and delicate when placing the apple slices.
Vegan apple tartlets, apple & mango compote
- 150 grams of spelt flour
- half cup of melted coconut oil
- 2 tbs coconut sugar
- 20 cl of warm water
- 1 pinch of salt
- 20 cl of water
- 2 ripes mangoes
- 4 apples
- 2 ts of lemon juice
- 1 ts of vanilla powder
- 1 tbs of coconut sugar ( optional)
- 5 apples
- 1 tbs coconut sugar
- 1 tbs coconut oil melted
- For the compote
- Peel the mangoes and apples, then cut in small cubes.
- Pour the fruits into a saucepan with water and lemon juice, slow heat for 15 minutes
- Let it rest for 1 hour, then blend (will prevent possible burning accident) together with the vanilla
- Et voila! The compote is now ready. It can be stored in a jar for up to 4 days in the fridge.
- For the tartlets
- Preheat the oven to 240 degrees
- Peel the apples, slice and set aside.
- Add the spelt flour, coconut sugar, salt and melted coconut oil in your food processor.
- Pulse for 30 seconds.Slowly add the warm water until you get a dough.
- Shape the dough into 6 balls and flatten into a disc. Start rolling the dough and place into the tartlet tray.
- Repeat the same until you run out of dough.
- Prick the dough with a fork.
- Add the mango and apple compote.
- Place the apple wedges in a spiral shape, begin at the edges of the tart and finish at the center.
- Sprinkle the coconut sugar over the tartlets then brush with coconut oil. This will give the tart some moist.
- Place the tartlets in the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- You will make 6 or 7 tartlets out of the dough depending how thin you like the tarts.
It is my son’s birthday in 2 weeks and the idea is to organise a baking workshop. So here is a simple recipe for a vegan banana/ chocolate muffins.
Vegan banana/chocolate muffins for 2
- 3 tbs wholemeal flour
- 1/4cup of vegetal milk
- 1/4 ts baking powder
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tbs maple sirup
- 2tbs of melted coconut oil or any vegetal oil of your choice
- 2 1/2 tbs chocolate chip
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt
- Mash the Ripe banana, add the milk, maple sirup, oil, whisk well.
- Mix the wet mixture with the dry ingredients, add the dark chocolate chip.
- Place the mixture in 2 muffins holders and bake for 17 minutes.
- Let it cool down for 10 minutes and enjoy