This coconut salad is our favorite at the moment, i am making it few times per week and everyone loves it.
Raw, fresh and full of flavour. The shredded coconut will give a feeling of satiety, it is very versatile, easy to mix with any fruits or vegetables.
The shredded coconut is easy to find in most supermarket in Abu Dhabi such as Waitrose, lulu, Carefour
Raw coconut salad
- 1/2 pack of shredded coconut
- 2 cucumbers (cut in cubes)
- 1 yellow pepper (cut in cubes)
- 1 orange pepper (cut in cubes)
- 1 tomato (cut in cubes)
- half red onion or 1 shallot (finely chopped)
- 1 lime ( juice only)
- Olive oil (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the fresh shredded coconut in a bowl, squeeze the lime, stir well and set aside
- Chop the vegetables
- Mix the vegetables with the coconut. Place in the fridge for 1 hour or serve immediately.
- Keep in the fridge for 3 days xx
One of my favorite smoothie bowl with spirulina, that i will share with you very soon. Check the color of the bowl! it is amazing ♥
Once you have done the smoothie just grab anything you want: any fruits, nuts, seeds, dried fruits and play around with the colors and have fun.
The constancy of the smoothie will needs to be a little thick so you can add topping nicely.
Beetroot smoothie bowl
- 1 mango
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 beetroot or 2 tbs of beetroot powder
- 2 tbs of flaxseeds
- coconut water or water
- Place the ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth
- Place the smmothie in a bowl. Add any topping and enjoy
Today it’s the week end in Abu Dhabi so week end means treat!!!! I have made this delicious Chocolate / peanut butter shake.
Chocolate & peanut butter shake
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 tbs of peanut butter
- 2 tbs of raw cacao
- 3 medjool dates
- 1 cup vegetal milk
- Place all the ingredients in a high speed blender.
- Blend until smooth.
Beat the heat with this refreshing strawberry and watermelon gaspacho
Watermelon & strawberries gazpacho
- 2 cups of watermelon (cut into chunks)
- 3 large beef tomatoes (cut into chunks)
- 1 cucumber (cut into chunks)
- 1/4 bunch of parsley
- 1/4 bunch of basil
- Lemon juice from 1/2 lemon
- 7 strawberries (cut in half)
- 1/2 jalapeño( seeded and cut in chunks)
- 1 avocado
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all the ingredients in your high speed blender.
- Place in the fridge for 1 hour or serve immediately, with a drizzle of olive oil
I came across a very nice raw coconut ceviche salad a few days ago on FullyRaw. Kristina is absolutly amazing, i recomend checking out her YouTube Chanel FullyRawKristina for amazing recipes.
I made few changes to the original recipe: swaped some vegetables and marinated the coconut meat with lime, mint parsley, to give more flavours to the salad. This ceviche is super fresh and on …. hot summer days, ideal for any occasion!
Marinated coconut ceviche salad
- 1 avocado (Cut in slices or cubes)
- 1/2 red onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tomato (cut in slices)
- 2 small cucumbers (cut in small cubes)
- 2 cups of red cabbage (chopped)
- 1 coconut (meat only)
- 1 pepper ( finely chopped)
- The juice of 2 limes
- 3 tbs of olive oil
- mint, parsley
- mixed herbs
- salt & pepper to taste
- in a bowl, combine the lime juice, mint, parsley, mixed herbs, olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Chop the coconut meat, mix it with the marinade and place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- place the rest of the ingredient in a big salad bowl.
- when the coconut ceviche is ready add it to the salad.
- serve immediately
- to get a spicy marinade, add some chopped chilli