This salad is full of goodness: raw, fresh and gluten free, it will give you a good energy boost.
I was going to have this very nice lunch with my lentils sprouts when i broke the germinating sprouting jar! No need to tell how upset i was.
I bought a new and bigger one a few days earlier from Rawbites.ae and got some seeds at the same time. Radish lentils and quinoa. But if you don’t have a sprouting jar or do not have time you can find some sprouted alfalfa in few supermarkets such as Lulu, Waitrose or Carrefour in Abu Dhabi.
The nutrients you get from sprouts are amazing. The peppery taste of the radish seed is mild, a perfect choice for salads. Quinoa is high in protein, phosphorus, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, copper & zinc.Lentils are rich in iron, magnesium, sodium, phosphorias, zinc, vitamins A, B12, B2, B6, E and C; It is also a very good source of proteins.
Buckwheat is not a grain but actually a fruit seed. Perfect for people who are sensitive to wheat or other gluten products. It is also a very good source of manganese , it contains magnesium and copper.
I hope you will enjoy this salad as much as i did. It is a great way to introduce more raw food in a daily routine.
- Raw buckwheat salad
- 1 cup of raw buckwheat groats (soaked overnight, drained and rinsed)
- 10 cherries tomatoes
- 2 small cucumbers
- 10 or less kalamata olives
- 1 cup of kale or spinach
- 1 cup of red cabbage
- 1 cup of sprouts of your choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tahini & miso dressing
- 3 tbs of organic tahini
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1tbs of miso paste
- 2 tbs of lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Sesame seeds (garnish)
- Soak the buckwheat groats overnight or at least for 8 hours
- The next day rinse the buckwheat groats, place in a salad bowl, add the lemon juice and stir well.
- Chop the kale, tomatoes, cucumbers, red cabbage, add it into the salad bowl, with the sprouts and olives.
- To make the tahini & miso dressing, place all the ingredients in a small blender. Blend until smooth.