Fresh summer rolls are perfect for any occasions: snack, lunch, dinner. You can prepare a big platter of your favourite fillings and let everyone make they own rolls; dipped in the vinaigrette fat free Tibet (recipe from crudessence) or almond butter sauce, it is simply delicious. When I don’t feel like cooking, this is my go to dish, easy to make, ready in a few minutes and a fun meal for the whole family.
The rice paper can usually be found in most supermarkets in Abu Dhabi, a good item to stock up on during a shopping trip.
- 1 pack of rice papers
- 2 cups of grated carrots
- 2 cups of grated beetroots
- 3 to 4 small cucumbers finely sliced
- 1 red or yellow pepper finely sliced
- 1 to 2 cups of sprouts
- 1 avocado finely sliced
- Leafy greens (romaine lettuce, spinach, flat kale)
- Spring onions
- Place the vegetables in a big platter
- Fill up a large bowl of hot water ( i used a large skillet pan)
- Dip the rice paper sheet in the water for few seconds, remove and allow it to drip over the bowl a Few seconds to remove the excess water.
- Place the rice paper on a flat surface, add your ingredients starting from the edge of the wrap closest to you.
- Start rolling away from you and tuck in your filling toward you to keep the roll tight. Fold the edge when you reach the middle of the wrap.
- Et voila! the summer rolls are ready. So easy and delicious