It is raining here !!! And I have to say I love it … Enjoying a little bit of coolness before the sun heat us up
This soup is perfect for this weather and will warm you up for sure ♥
Roasted butternut squash & lentil soup
A creamy roasted butternut squash and lentils soup with a hint of turmeric
Write a review
- 3 cups of butternut squash (cut in small cubes)
- 2 tbs of olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup of red lentils
- 3 to 4 carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 ts of turmeric
- 1/2 cup of nut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of cumin
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Place the butternut squash in a baking tray and toss with 2 tbs of olive oil.
- Cook for 25 minutes. Set aside
- In a large pot, place the lentils, carrots, onion, garlic, cumin and water. Simmer the soup for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Allow the soup to cool down so you don't burn yourself when blending.
- Place all the ingredients in a high speed blender, add the turmeric, salt, pepper and nut milk, blend until smooth.
- You might need to add more water or more milk.
- The soup can be kept in the fridge for few days or in a freezer up to 3 months