This is my last recipe before christmas and believe me those raw truffles are very tasty, it can be a nice homemade present too.
I have decided this year I would me making my own chocolates and not buy any of industrial sweets during the festive season.
These raw chocolate balls are made with three ingredients only. Simple, healthy and wholesome. I would recommend using organic or natural dates with no added sugar or syrup to ensure the raw balls do not become too sweet and too sticky.
Cette recette sera la dernière jusque noël et croyez moi ces petites truffes aux chocolat sont un vrai délice.
J’ai decidé cette année de ne pas acheter de chocolats industriels mais de les faire moi meme, surtout pendant cette periode de fêtes.
Juste 3 ingrédients pour réaliser ces truffes aux chocolat, simples et délicieuses. Déposer les truffes dans un bocal en verre pour un cadeau fait maison
Je recommende d’utiliser des dattes de bonne qualité, sans sucre ajouté ou de sirop pour être sur que ça ne sois pas trop sucré
Raw chocolate truffles
- 1 cup of pecan nuts
- 2 cups of medjool dates
- 3 to 4 TBS of raw cacao + extra for the coating
- Cinamon (optional)
- Place the pecan nuts in a food processor. Process until finely ground
- Add the medjool dates little by little and process again for 2 minutes.
- Add the cacao, process again.
- You can add a pinch of salt and cinamon if you wish
- Process until you get a dough.
- Once you get a dough scoop one spoon and roll it into a ball.
- Make the balls and roll it into raw cacao
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes or the fridge for 2 hours
Truffes de chocolat cru
- 1 tasse de noix de pecans
- 2 tasse de dattes (medjool de préférence)
- 3 à 4 C a S de cacao cru
- Pinch de canelle (facultatif)
- Déposer les noix de pecans dans un robot (utiliser la lame S). Mixer pour obtenir une texture poudreuse.
- Ajouter les dattes petit à petit et continuer à mixé.
- Ajouter le cacao cru et mixer encore pendant 2 minutes jusqu'à ce que le tout soit homogène et se Tienne ensemble.
- Former des boules avec une cuillère a soupe.
- Recouvrir les boules de cacao cru.
- Deposer dans le frigo pendant 2 heures ou 30 minutes dans le freezer
- Et voila xxx
Sometimes we just want to stay in bed, watch a good movie and eat an ice cream!!! this is what happened to me this week end. This coconut, vanilla and banana ice cream is a winner.
You can add any toppings and i am sure everyone will enjoy it
Try and let me know ♥
coco/banana ice cream
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 1/4 ts of vanilla powder
- Maple sirup (optional)
- Dark chocolate
- Sesame seeds
- Place the frozen bananas in a food processor, process for few seconds.
- Add the milk & vanilla, process until you get a smooth & creamy mixture
- Serve in a bowl adding any topping of your choice
Valentine’s day is nearly upon us ♥
Time to get ready for a Rawmantic snack.
The chocolate fondue is made of smooth avocado, raw cacao, oat milk and maple sirup.
It will take 5 minutes to make and it is a delicious treat for littles one too
Rawmantic chocolate fondue
- 1 big avocado or 2 smalls
- 1/4 cup of maple sirup
- 1/2 cup of nut milk
- 4 tbs of raw cacao
- 1 ts of vanilla nectar
- 1 tbs of coconut oil (optional)
- Place all the ingredients in a small high speed blender.
- You might need to add more milk or more sirup according to your taste.
- Place any fruits of your choice on a nice plate.
- Et voila dip the fruits in the chocolate fondue and enjoy
- The fondue will last 4 days in the fridge
I made those oats biscuits dipped in raw chocolate sauce yesterday for my son’s birthday, they are very nice, kids loved it !!! and can be a nice present too.
Oats biscuits dipped in raw chocolate sauce
- Oats biscuits
- 1tbs chia meal
- 3tbs of water
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup of rice or wholewheat flour
- 1/2 ts baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3/4 cups of rolled oats
- Chocolate sauce
- 1/2 cup of melted cacao butter
- 1/2 cup of raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of maple sirup
- Preheat the oven to 240 degrees
- Mix the chia meal with the water, place in the fridge for 10minutes
- In a bowl mix the coconut oil and the coconut sugar , add the chia mixture stir well for few minutes.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, salt, oats flakes, baking powder.
- Mix the wet ingredients with the dry mixture.
- Take one spoonful of dough, use your hand to roll a small ball, flatten to make the biscuit
- Place in a baking tray, cook for 13 minutes , remove from the tray and let the biscuits cool
- To make the chocolate sauce whisk the cacao butter, raw cacao powder, coconut oil and maple sirup together
- When the biscuits are a bit cooler dip the biscuits into the chocolate sauce and place in the freezer for 10mn to set.
- store in the fridge up to 4 days
I love Rawnola! It is easy to make and full of nutrients, you can add some vegetal milk, coconut yogurt or even sprinkle it on your salads.
Cashews and walnuts are a good source of potassium, iron and zinc. My favourites are almonds, I used to think that they were part the nut family when actually they are seeds from the almond’s fruits. Almonds contains : Biotin, vitamin E, vitamin B12, manganese, magnesium,fibre.
Adding a handful of almonds in your daily routine can boost energy, strengthen the immune system, improve skin health, reduce heart disease and help loosing weight. I think of almonds as a magic seed.
Pumpkin and sunflower seeds are a very good source of protein, rich in iron, vitamin E, magnesium and omega 3.
Fennel seeds are rich in fibre, they are a concentrate source of minerals, iron, calcium, potassium and manganese.
Amaranth is one of my precious little seed: gluten free, it contains calcium, potassium and iron. It is also a very good source of protein and is a very versatile so can be used in many different ways.
I am sharing my recipe for Rawnola but you can adapt it depending on what you have in your cupboard.
- 1 cup of cashews
- 1 cup of walnut
- 1 cup of almond
- 50g of coconut chip
- 50g organic dried cramberries
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 50g pumpkind seeds
- 2tbs of fennel seeds
- 50g amaranth pops
- Roughly crush your cashews, almonds and walnuts in your food processor. Not to much as you want to keep it crunchy.
- Add the rest of your dried fruits and seeds.
- Store for 1 week in a jar ... Enjoy