Another easy ice cream recipe this morning ❤️
Easy, low fat, and full of nutrients.
Bananas are a good source of vitamin B6, vitamin C, folate, manganese, potassium, magnesium.
Berries are a excellent source of vitamin C, low in calories, high in fiber and rich of nutrients
Berries/ banana ice cream
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup of strawberries
- 1/2 cup of frozen blackberries
- 1/2 cup of coconut cream or milk
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor
- Process until smooth
- Add any topping of your choice
Sometimes we just want to stay in bed, watch a good movie and eat an ice cream!!! this is what happened to me this week end. This coconut, vanilla and banana ice cream is a winner.
You can add any toppings and i am sure everyone will enjoy it
Try and let me know ♥
coco/banana ice cream
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 1/4 ts of vanilla powder
- Maple sirup (optional)
- Dark chocolate
- Sesame seeds
- Place the frozen bananas in a food processor, process for few seconds.
- Add the milk & vanilla, process until you get a smooth & creamy mixture
- Serve in a bowl adding any topping of your choice
Valentine’s day is nearly upon us ♥
Time to get ready for a Rawmantic snack.
The chocolate fondue is made of smooth avocado, raw cacao, oat milk and maple sirup.
It will take 5 minutes to make and it is a delicious treat for littles one too
Rawmantic chocolate fondue
- 1 big avocado or 2 smalls
- 1/4 cup of maple sirup
- 1/2 cup of nut milk
- 4 tbs of raw cacao
- 1 ts of vanilla nectar
- 1 tbs of coconut oil (optional)
- Place all the ingredients in a small high speed blender.
- You might need to add more milk or more sirup according to your taste.
- Place any fruits of your choice on a nice plate.
- Et voila dip the fruits in the chocolate fondue and enjoy
- The fondue will last 4 days in the fridge
A big thank you to Anne – Sophie, Lila, Nirmala, Samidha, Monika, Helena, Leah and Cynthia for coming to my raw food workshop last week.
I truly enjoyed meeting great people, the good vibes and learning new things.
Watch this spacce for my next workshop: Food & pack lunches for kids… Sometimes in March
Fresh summer rolls are perfect for any occasions: snack, lunch, dinner. You can prepare a big platter of your favourite fillings and let everyone make they own rolls; dipped in the vinaigrette fat free Tibet (recipe from crudessence) or almond butter sauce, it is simply delicious. When I don’t feel like cooking, this is my go to dish, easy to make, ready in a few minutes and a fun meal for the whole family.
The rice paper can usually be found in most supermarkets in Abu Dhabi, a good item to stock up on during a shopping trip.
Fresh Summer rolls
- 1 pack of rice papers
- 2 cups of grated carrots
- 2 cups of grated beetroots
- 3 to 4 small cucumbers finely sliced
- 1 red or yellow pepper finely sliced
- 1 to 2 cups of sprouts
- 1 avocado finely sliced
- Leafy greens (romaine lettuce, spinach, flat kale)
- Spring onions
- Place the vegetables in a big platter
- Fill up a large bowl of hot water ( i used a large skillet pan)
- Dip the rice paper sheet in the water for few seconds, remove and allow it to drip over the bowl a Few seconds to remove the excess water.
- Place the rice paper on a flat surface, add your ingredients starting from the edge of the wrap closest to you.
- Start rolling away from you and tuck in your filling toward you to keep the roll tight. Fold the edge when you reach the middle of the wrap.
- Et voila! the summer rolls are ready. So easy and delicious
I love Rawnola! It is easy to make and full of nutrients, you can add some vegetal milk, coconut yogurt or even sprinkle it on your salads.
Cashews and walnuts are a good source of potassium, iron and zinc. My favourites are almonds, I used to think that they were part the nut family when actually they are seeds from the almond’s fruits. Almonds contains : Biotin, vitamin E, vitamin B12, manganese, magnesium,fibre.
Adding a handful of almonds in your daily routine can boost energy, strengthen the immune system, improve skin health, reduce heart disease and help loosing weight. I think of almonds as a magic seed.
Pumpkin and sunflower seeds are a very good source of protein, rich in iron, vitamin E, magnesium and omega 3.
Fennel seeds are rich in fibre, they are a concentrate source of minerals, iron, calcium, potassium and manganese.
Amaranth is one of my precious little seed: gluten free, it contains calcium, potassium and iron. It is also a very good source of protein and is a very versatile so can be used in many different ways.
I am sharing my recipe for Rawnola but you can adapt it depending on what you have in your cupboard.
- 1 cup of cashews
- 1 cup of walnut
- 1 cup of almond
- 50g of coconut chip
- 50g organic dried cramberries
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 50g pumpkind seeds
- 2tbs of fennel seeds
- 50g amaranth pops
- Roughly crush your cashews, almonds and walnuts in your food processor. Not to much as you want to keep it crunchy.
- Add the rest of your dried fruits and seeds.
- Store for 1 week in a jar ... Enjoy