I will be sipping on this beautiful & colorful smoothie all morning 😍
I have a 500ml or 1 liter smoothie everyday, sometimes twice per day, i use a big glass jar and pour it into a glass when needed.take your time, enjoy your food and try to masticate and chew while having your smoothie or cold press juices, . I would recommend at least 30 minutes to drink a smoothie.
Here is a simple smoothie recipe, i have added a banana but if you are doing Jean’s NAAD 6 weeks challenge, remove the banana and add more veggies.
if you need more inpsiration on daily smoothies, vegan & raw food recipes, check out my Instagram and FB group
Instagram : _healthy_kitchen_ https://www.instagram.com/_healthy_kitchen_/
Face book group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/422457211286599/
Beetroot & red cabbage smoothie
- 1 frozen banana (optional) or any other vegetables
- 1 beetroot
- 2 cups of red cabbage
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1 liter of water
- Flax seeds
- Place all the ingredients in a high speed blender.
- Blend until smooth
- If you have a nutribullet it will be difficult to add 1 liter of water, just fill up the nutribullet jar as much as you can, blend for 1 to 2 minutes, pour the smoothie in a big glass jar, add the rest of the water and stir well
This is my last recipe before christmas and believe me those raw truffles are very tasty, it can be a nice homemade present too.
I have decided this year I would me making my own chocolates and not buy any of industrial sweets during the festive season.
These raw chocolate balls are made with three ingredients only. Simple, healthy and wholesome. I would recommend using organic or natural dates with no added sugar or syrup to ensure the raw balls do not become too sweet and too sticky.
Cette recette sera la dernière jusque noël et croyez moi ces petites truffes aux chocolat sont un vrai délice.
J’ai decidé cette année de ne pas acheter de chocolats industriels mais de les faire moi meme, surtout pendant cette periode de fêtes.
Juste 3 ingrédients pour réaliser ces truffes aux chocolat, simples et délicieuses. Déposer les truffes dans un bocal en verre pour un cadeau fait maison
Je recommende d’utiliser des dattes de bonne qualité, sans sucre ajouté ou de sirop pour être sur que ça ne sois pas trop sucré
Raw chocolate truffles
- 1 cup of pecan nuts
- 2 cups of medjool dates
- 3 to 4 TBS of raw cacao + extra for the coating
- Cinamon (optional)
- Place the pecan nuts in a food processor. Process until finely ground
- Add the medjool dates little by little and process again for 2 minutes.
- Add the cacao, process again.
- You can add a pinch of salt and cinamon if you wish
- Process until you get a dough.
- Once you get a dough scoop one spoon and roll it into a ball.
- Make the balls and roll it into raw cacao
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes or the fridge for 2 hours
Truffes de chocolat cru
- 1 tasse de noix de pecans
- 2 tasse de dattes (medjool de préférence)
- 3 à 4 C a S de cacao cru
- Pinch de canelle (facultatif)
- Déposer les noix de pecans dans un robot (utiliser la lame S). Mixer pour obtenir une texture poudreuse.
- Ajouter les dattes petit à petit et continuer à mixé.
- Ajouter le cacao cru et mixer encore pendant 2 minutes jusqu'à ce que le tout soit homogène et se Tienne ensemble.
- Former des boules avec une cuillère a soupe.
- Recouvrir les boules de cacao cru.
- Deposer dans le frigo pendant 2 heures ou 30 minutes dans le freezer
- Et voila xxx
Christmas is around the corner and what a better time to think about a few health recipes to add to all the goodies you will be having. I know it’s not really the time of the year when low-fat dishes are on our mind, but if you are a little concerned with the calorie intake, you can easily swap a few dishes with healthier options.
I am sharing a beautiful tasty and yummy recipe for a raw vegan almond & zaatar cheese spread. It is rich in protein but low in fat and is simply delicious on crackers, sourdough bread or baguette.
Les fêtes arrivent à grand pas et c’est le bon moment de penser à des recettes saine et facile à réaliser.
Aujourd’hui je vous propose un fromage cru et vegan aux amandes et zaatar, riche en protéines et faible en gras, délicieux avec du pain ou des crackers.
Raw vegan almond & zaatar cheese
- 1 cup of almonds (soaked, drained & skin removed)
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 TBS of olive oil
- 2 TBS of nutritional yeast
- 3 TBS of lemon juice
- 1 TS of agar agar + 2 TS of water
- 1 TS of zaatar (feel free to add more for a stronger taste)
- 1 garlic clove
- Pinch of salt
- Soak the almond for 2 hours in hot water, remove the skin. It takes a little time but it is easy.
- Place the almonds, garlic,nutritional yeat, lemon juice, zaatar, olive oil, and the salt in a food processor.
- Process until smooth
- In a small saucepan, add the agar agar and water, stir for 15 seconds, pour the mixture in the food processor. Process again for 1 to 2 minutes
- Place a little of olive oil in a ramekins, depending on the size you might need 2 or 3 ramekin.
- Pour the mixture and place in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Unmold the cheese and place on a plate.
- Serve with raw crackers, raw veggies, baguette
- Nutritional yeast is available at Organic food cafe.
- I have seen it at lulu supermarket too for about 30 aed
- It can be kept for up to two weeks in the fridge and only takes about 10 minutes to prepare and 2 hours to set.
Fromage cru vegan aux amandes et zaatar
- 1 tasse d'amandes (trempé, peau retirer)
- 1/4 tasse d'eau
- 2 C a S d'huile d'olive
- 2 C a S de levure maltée
- 3 C a S de jus de citron
- 1 gousse d'ail
- 1 C a S de zaatar
- 1 C a C d'agar agar + 2 C a c d'eau
- Sel, poivre
- Faire tremper les amandes dans un bol rempli d’eau chaude pendant 2h.
- Retirer la peau ( ça prend un peu de temps mais reste facile).
- Déposer les amandes, la levure maltée, citron, zaatar, huile d’olive et le sel dans le robot ( utiliser la lame S).
- Mélanger le tout pendant 1 minute.
- La préparation doit être lisse et homogène.
- Dans une petite casserole ajouter l'agar agar avec l’eau, mélanger pendant 15 secondes.
- Verser le liquide dans le robot et faire tourner pendant 1 a 2 minutes.
- Préparer 2 à 3 ramequins et déposer un peu d’huile d’olive ( le fromage se démoulera plus facilement)
- Remplir les ramequins de fromage , déposer dans le frigo et laisser refroidir pendant 2 heures.
- Démouler les fromages dans une belle assiette.
- Si vous ne trouvez pas de zaatar, les herbes comme le thym, le romarin ou herbes de provence seront très bien.
- Les fromages se gardent 1 semaine au frais
My good friend Jean has recently started a 6 weeks challenge where basically you cut off all sugar form, introduce at least one vegetable smoothie per day instead of a meal and do 30 minutes walk 5 days per week.
A litle bit about Jean Charlotte Glen: She is the founder of a popular group on facebook called Natural Alternative Abu Dhabi. She is an Aromatherapist and a reflexologist, she would describe herself as a holistic nutritionist. Jean loves cooking healthy meals and she believes that your medecine is what you eat and which skin care you end up using. She is also currently studying a couselling and life coaching diploma. She is definitely a big inspiration for many of us and she is spending a lots of time on the group helping with making our own skin care products and many more. If you wish to join the group, here is the link to our challenge.
Cutting sugar out was very easy as I realised that the only sugar I was eating was mainly from fruits and dates.
I decided to cut on dates but keep my fruits intake, mainly fruits with low sugar such as berries, apples, kiwi and grapefruits to name few and reduce the pineapple and mangoes, but i wasn’t loosing weight even after going to the gym for 1hour 30 everyday and eating healthy wasn’t making any difference. So i remembered a friend sending me a smoothie cleanse plan last year. I had a closer look at it and started my own 10 days smoothie cleanse challenge. The cleanse smoothie plan is called JJ Smith 10 days cleanse and can be found online through Amazon.
I have been drinking many and plenty of different smoothies this past month. I have lost 3 kilos in 10 days and I am feeling amazing. I also changed my gym workout plan and introduced varied high Intensity exercises in to it. I am now still keeping to two smoothies per day and a raw or cooked meal dinner meal with the family.
I am now going to share few great smoothie recipes that are easy to make and are packed with nutrients, once a week and i hope you will enjoy it
Love Marilyne ♥
Butternut and turmeric golden paste smoothie
A delicious smoothie bowl with turmeric golden paste
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup of raw butternut squash
- 1 raw carrot
- 1 full tea spoon of turmeric golden paste*
- 1 to 2 tbs of flax seeds
- 1 cup of almond milk
- Place all the ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Place the mixture in a bowl, the smoothie should be thick and smooth.
- Add your favorite toppings
- Et voila
- * Turmeric golden paste: i have started using it because of my arthritis symptoms, after 2 weeks of using the paste i have noticed a big difference.
- here is a link for more infos about the Golden paste.
- If you don't have the paste you can also add 1/4 tea spoon of turmeric powder and 1 tea spoon of raw cold press coconut oil
I have been so busy lately i didn’t have time to write or post any new recipes.
I got my first delivery from Al Shuwib farm last week and i am so happy about it!!! so today i would like to write about those beauties ” Kohlrabi”
The health benefits of kohlrabi are amazing it can help to lose weight, boost the immune system , regulate the metabolism, increase circulation, strengthen bones and improve vision health. Kolrhabi is full of nutrients and minerals like copper, potassium, manganese, iron and calcium. Vitamins such as vitamins C, vitamin A and vitamin K.
Kolhrabi leaves are also nutritious , the young greens are very flavorful, it has a similar taste to collard greens. The leaves can be steamed, chopped in salads or simply used as bread replacement for the wraps, like you can see on the pictures below.
For the wraps i have used 5 Kohlrabi leaves, added some turmeric white bean hummus, cucumbers, grated carrots and Kolrhabi, but feel free to change any vegetables or dip.
I hope you will like these rolls, they are very easy to make, perfect for pack lunch, family diner or pic nic
Love marilyne xxx
Introduction to raw food level 1
A workshop designed for those new to the concept of raw food, who would like to change their way of eating. Discover raw cooking techniques, what to store in your kitchen pantry.
Learn how to make healthy and easy recipes, sprout pulses, dehydrate fruit & veg and make your own crackers.
The workshop includes preparation of dishes, making them, tastings, going through nutritional topics, shopping list, and equipment basics.
A workshop folder with recipes and all topics covered will give you the confidence to start introducing more raw food into your daily life.
All products used are vegan, organic and where possible locally sourced.
For bookings please send me a message via the blog or at firstname.lastname@example.org
This easy raw overnight soaked porridge breakfast is on my top 5. Very versatile you can mix it with anything you like
Overnight soaked porridge
- 1 cup of rolled oats (GF)
- 1 cup 1/2 of almond milk
- 1 tbs of chia seeds
- sunflower & pumpkin seeds
- 2tbs dried raisins
- 2 tbs of raw almonds
- any topping and fresh fruits
- Coconut sugar (Optional)
- Place the oats and the milk in a big bowl, stir well.
- Add the chia, seeds and almonds
- Place in the fridge overnight.
- Next morning place in jars and add the coconut sugar and pomegranate seeds
- You can add anything you like
- Et voila
I am finally posting the recipe of my 5 ingredients vegan banana pancakes along with my favorite raw jam. The jam is delicious and packed with good things. It can be store for 10 days in the fridge.
So easy and healthy it is a winner at home.
Vegan banana pancakes & raw chia /berries jam
- 1 cup of gluten free flour
- 1 1/2 cup of almond/rice or oat milk
- 1/2 ts of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 to 3 bananas
- 1 cup of berries ( raspberries, blackberries, blueberries)
- 2 tbs of blackstrap molasses
- 1 to 2 tbs of chia seeds
- 1ts of lemon juice
- Place the bananas and the almond milk in a high speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Place the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl, pour the flour mixture into the banana mixture.
- Preheat a pan with a little coconut or canola oil, pour 3 to 4 tbs of batter on the pan.
- Cook for 3 minutes or until the pancakes are golden on both sides.
- Blend the berries, lemon juice & the molasses in a small chopper or food processor, process until well combined.
- Place the mixture in a bowl , add the chia seeds and leave it in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours.
- The jam can be kept up to 10 days in the fridge
If you know me by now you will notice how crazy i am with kale. One of my favorite way of using kale is to make salads, you can marinate the kale in differents ways and add anything you like.
Few days ago i tried a molasse based dressing… So delicious
Blackstrap molasses is a very healthy sweetener, a good source of iron.
Two tablespoons of blackstrap contain 13.2 percent of our RDI of iron, which our bodies need to carry oxygen to our blood cells. People who are anemic (including pregnant women) will greatly benefit from consuming 1-2 tablespoons of blackstrap molasses per day.
This salad is very easy to make and perfect for pack lunch.
Easy kale salad with molasses marinade
Easy kale salad with a delicious molasse marinade
- 1 bunch of kale (washed, ribs removed, finely chopped)
- 2 cups of red cabbage (finely chopped)
- 2 peppers (cut in small cubes)
- 1 shallot (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup of almond flakes
- Edible flowers
- 2 tbs of olive oil
- 2 tbs of aplle cider vinegar
- 1tbs of molasses
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbs of tamari sauce
- 1/2 cup of water
- To make the marinade, place all the ingredients in a small blender. Blend until smooth.
- Remove the ribs of the kale and wash it. put half of the marinade and the kale in a bowl.
- Massage gently with your hands.
- Set aside for 1 hour.
- Add the peppers, shallots and red cabbage,stir well.
- Preheat a pan, place the almond flakes for 3 minutes
- Add the almonds to the salad and enjoy.
- The salad will last for 1 full day. so it is perfect for pack lunch
Those raw maki rolls are my little addiction at the moment, when I don’t have time to prepare anything I go for the maki rolls or summer rolls !! There are easy to prepare, nice idea for pack lunches and so colourful I love them 😍
Raw cauliflower & beetroot maki rolls
- 1 cup of cauliflower
- 1 cup of beetroot
- 1 avocado (finely in slices)
- 1 cucumber (finely sliced)
- Any sprouts
- Nori sheets
- 1tbs of miso paste
- Place the cauliflower & beetroot in a food processor, process until crunchy.
- Set aside
- Slice the avocado & cucumbers
- Place a nori sheet on a bamboo rolling mat
- Brush the edge of the nori with 1/4 ts of miso paste
- Place the cauliflower/ beetroot mixture , avocado,sprouts & cucumbers
- Start rolling away from you, keeping the roll tight.
- The miso paste should stick the roll at the end.
- Cut in slices and dip it in tamari sauce
- You can mix any vegetables