My good friend Jean has recently started a 6 weeks challenge where basically you cut off all sugar form, introduce at least one vegetable smoothie per day instead of a meal and do 30 minutes walk 5 days per week.
A litle bit about Jean Charlotte Glen: She is the founder of a popular group on facebook called Natural Alternative Abu Dhabi. She is an Aromatherapist and a reflexologist, she would describe herself as a holistic nutritionist. Jean loves cooking healthy meals and she believes that your medecine is what you eat and which skin care you end up using. She is also currently studying a couselling and life coaching diploma. She is definitely a big inspiration for many of us and she is spending a lots of time on the group helping with making our own skin care products and many more. If you wish to join the group, here is the link to our challenge.
Cutting sugar out was very easy as I realised that the only sugar I was eating was mainly from fruits and dates.
I decided to cut on dates but keep my fruits intake, mainly fruits with low sugar such as berries, apples, kiwi and grapefruits to name few and reduce the pineapple and mangoes, but i wasn’t loosing weight even after going to the gym for 1hour 30 everyday and eating healthy wasn’t making any difference. So i remembered a friend sending me a smoothie cleanse plan last year. I had a closer look at it and started my own 10 days smoothie cleanse challenge. The cleanse smoothie plan is called JJ Smith 10 days cleanse and can be found online through Amazon.
I have been drinking many and plenty of different smoothies this past month. I have lost 3 kilos in 10 days and I am feeling amazing. I also changed my gym workout plan and introduced varied high Intensity exercises in to it. I am now still keeping to two smoothies per day and a raw or cooked meal dinner meal with the family.
I am now going to share few great smoothie recipes that are easy to make and are packed with nutrients, once a week and i hope you will enjoy it
Love Marilyne ♥
Butternut and turmeric golden paste smoothie
A delicious smoothie bowl with turmeric golden paste
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup of raw butternut squash
- 1 raw carrot
- 1 full tea spoon of turmeric golden paste*
- 1 to 2 tbs of flax seeds
- 1 cup of almond milk
- Place all the ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Place the mixture in a bowl, the smoothie should be thick and smooth.
- Add your favorite toppings
- Et voila
- * Turmeric golden paste: i have started using it because of my arthritis symptoms, after 2 weeks of using the paste i have noticed a big difference.
- here is a link for more infos about the Golden paste.
- If you don't have the paste you can also add 1/4 tea spoon of turmeric powder and 1 tea spoon of raw cold press coconut oil
I have been so busy lately i didn’t have time to write or post any new recipes.
I got my first delivery from Al Shuwib farm last week and i am so happy about it!!! so today i would like to write about those beauties ” Kohlrabi”
The health benefits of kohlrabi are amazing it can help to lose weight, boost the immune system , regulate the metabolism, increase circulation, strengthen bones and improve vision health. Kolrhabi is full of nutrients and minerals like copper, potassium, manganese, iron and calcium. Vitamins such as vitamins C, vitamin A and vitamin K.
Kolhrabi leaves are also nutritious , the young greens are very flavorful, it has a similar taste to collard greens. The leaves can be steamed, chopped in salads or simply used as bread replacement for the wraps, like you can see on the pictures below.
For the wraps i have used 5 Kohlrabi leaves, added some turmeric white bean hummus, cucumbers, grated carrots and Kolrhabi, but feel free to change any vegetables or dip.
I hope you will like these rolls, they are very easy to make, perfect for pack lunch, family diner or pic nic
Love marilyne xxx
Introduction to raw food level 1
A workshop designed for those new to the concept of raw food, who would like to change their way of eating. Discover raw cooking techniques, what to store in your kitchen pantry.
Learn how to make healthy and easy recipes, sprout pulses, dehydrate fruit & veg and make your own crackers.
The workshop includes preparation of dishes, making them, tastings, going through nutritional topics, shopping list, and equipment basics.
A workshop folder with recipes and all topics covered will give you the confidence to start introducing more raw food into your daily life.
All products used are vegan, organic and where possible locally sourced.
For bookings please send me a message via the blog or at firstname.lastname@example.org
We had such a good time in Europe this year. It was great to be surrounded by good friends. Amazing time in Bretagne, Paris, Berlin and London
This tabouleh salad is very easy to prepare, the couscous can be replaced by quinoa or millet (for a GF version)
Eating healthy without spending too much time in the kitchen … It was our summer goal!
Nous avons passé de superbe vacances cette année en Europe. Génial d’être entourée de nos amis.
Et de bons moments avec belle maman au Croisic
Ce petit taboule est facile a préparé, ont peux facilement remplacée le taboule par du quinoa ou du millet (pour une version GF) Manger sainement sans passée trop de temps en cuisine! c’etait le but de l’été.
- 1 cup of couscous
- 1 cup of hot water
- 2 tbs of olive oil
- half cup of chick peas
- 2 to 3 tomatoes (cut in small cubes)
- 2 small cucumbers (cut in small cubes)
- 1 handful of dried raisins
- Lemon, olive oil, salt, pepper to taste
- Place 1 cup of couscous in a bowl, add 2 tbs of olive oil, stir well, add the hot water.
- Stir well, set aside for 10 minutes.
- Stir again the couscous should be ready. Allow to cool down for 1/2 hour
- Cut the tomatoes, cucumber, shallots.
- Chop the mint & parsley
- Place in a big salad bowl add the couscous.
- Drizzle some lemon juice & olive oil, add salt & pepper.
- Place in the fridge for 1 hour
- et voila Tabouleh salad is ready
- If you want to eat the salad later do not put the lemon juice.
Taboulé de légume crue
- 1 tasse de couscous
- 1 tasse d'eau chaude
- 2 c a s d'huile d'olive
- 1/2 tasse de poix chiches
- 2 tomates (coupé en petit dés)
- 2 petits concombres (coupé en petits dés)
- 1 poignée de raisins
- Jus de citron, huile d'olive, sel et poivre
- Mettre le couscous dans un bol, y ajoute les 2 cuillères a soupe d'huile d'olive puis l'eau chaude, Remuer légèrement puis laisser reposer pendant 10 minutes.
- Une fois le couscous prêt laisser refroidir pendant 1 heure.
- Couper les tomates, concombres en petit dés, ciselé la menthe et le persil.
- Metter le tout dans un grand bol a salade.
- Rajouter le couscous, assaisonner de citron, d'huile d'olive, sel et poivre.
- A manger de suite ou laisser reposer dans le refregirateur pendant 1 heure
This easy raw overnight soaked porridge breakfast is on my top 5. Very versatile you can mix it with anything you like
Overnight soaked porridge
- 1 cup of rolled oats (GF)
- 1 cup 1/2 of almond milk
- 1 tbs of chia seeds
- sunflower & pumpkin seeds
- 2tbs dried raisins
- 2 tbs of raw almonds
- any topping and fresh fruits
- Coconut sugar (Optional)
- Place the oats and the milk in a big bowl, stir well.
- Add the chia, seeds and almonds
- Place in the fridge overnight.
- Next morning place in jars and add the coconut sugar and pomegranate seeds
- You can add anything you like
- Et voila
I am finally posting the recipe of my 5 ingredients vegan banana pancakes along with my favorite raw jam. The jam is delicious and packed with good things. It can be store for 10 days in the fridge.
So easy and healthy it is a winner at home.
Vegan banana pancakes & raw chia /berries jam
- 1 cup of gluten free flour
- 1 1/2 cup of almond/rice or oat milk
- 1/2 ts of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 to 3 bananas
- 1 cup of berries ( raspberries, blackberries, blueberries)
- 2 tbs of blackstrap molasses
- 1 to 2 tbs of chia seeds
- 1ts of lemon juice
- Place the bananas and the almond milk in a high speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Place the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl, pour the flour mixture into the banana mixture.
- Preheat a pan with a little coconut or canola oil, pour 3 to 4 tbs of batter on the pan.
- Cook for 3 minutes or until the pancakes are golden on both sides.
- Blend the berries, lemon juice & the molasses in a small chopper or food processor, process until well combined.
- Place the mixture in a bowl , add the chia seeds and leave it in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours.
- The jam can be kept up to 10 days in the fridge
Those raw maki rolls are my little addiction at the moment, when I don’t have time to prepare anything I go for the maki rolls or summer rolls !! There are easy to prepare, nice idea for pack lunches and so colourful I love them 😍
Raw cauliflower & beetroot maki rolls
- 1 cup of cauliflower
- 1 cup of beetroot
- 1 avocado (finely in slices)
- 1 cucumber (finely sliced)
- Any sprouts
- Nori sheets
- 1tbs of miso paste
- Place the cauliflower & beetroot in a food processor, process until crunchy.
- Set aside
- Slice the avocado & cucumbers
- Place a nori sheet on a bamboo rolling mat
- Brush the edge of the nori with 1/4 ts of miso paste
- Place the cauliflower/ beetroot mixture , avocado,sprouts & cucumbers
- Start rolling away from you, keeping the roll tight.
- The miso paste should stick the roll at the end.
- Cut in slices and dip it in tamari sauce
- You can mix any vegetables
Another easy ice cream recipe this morning ❤️
Easy, low fat, and full of nutrients.
Bananas are a good source of vitamin B6, vitamin C, folate, manganese, potassium, magnesium.
Berries are a excellent source of vitamin C, low in calories, high in fiber and rich of nutrients
Berries/ banana ice cream
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup of strawberries
- 1/2 cup of frozen blackberries
- 1/2 cup of coconut cream or milk
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor
- Process until smooth
- Add any topping of your choice
Sometimes we just want to stay in bed, watch a good movie and eat an ice cream!!! this is what happened to me this week end. This coconut, vanilla and banana ice cream is a winner.
You can add any toppings and i am sure everyone will enjoy it
Try and let me know ♥
coco/banana ice cream
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 1/4 ts of vanilla powder
- Maple sirup (optional)
- Dark chocolate
- Sesame seeds
- Place the frozen bananas in a food processor, process for few seconds.
- Add the milk & vanilla, process until you get a smooth & creamy mixture
- Serve in a bowl adding any topping of your choice
This coconut salad is our favorite at the moment, i am making it few times per week and everyone loves it.
Raw, fresh and full of flavour. The shredded coconut will give a feeling of satiety, it is very versatile, easy to mix with any fruits or vegetables.
The shredded coconut is easy to find in most supermarket in Abu Dhabi such as Waitrose, lulu, Carefour
Raw coconut salad
- 1/2 pack of shredded coconut
- 2 cucumbers (cut in cubes)
- 1 yellow pepper (cut in cubes)
- 1 orange pepper (cut in cubes)
- 1 tomato (cut in cubes)
- half red onion or 1 shallot (finely chopped)
- 1 lime ( juice only)
- Olive oil (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the fresh shredded coconut in a bowl, squeeze the lime, stir well and set aside
- Chop the vegetables
- Mix the vegetables with the coconut. Place in the fridge for 1 hour or serve immediately.
- Keep in the fridge for 3 days xx