This is my last recipe before christmas and believe me those raw truffles are very tasty, it can be a nice homemade present too.
I have decided this year I would me making my own chocolates and not buy any of industrial sweets during the festive season.
These raw chocolate balls are made with three ingredients only. Simple, healthy and wholesome. I would recommend using organic or natural dates with no added sugar or syrup to ensure the raw balls do not become too sweet and too sticky.
Cette recette sera la dernière jusque noël et croyez moi ces petites truffes aux chocolat sont un vrai délice.
J’ai decidé cette année de ne pas acheter de chocolats industriels mais de les faire moi meme, surtout pendant cette periode de fêtes.
Juste 3 ingrédients pour réaliser ces truffes aux chocolat, simples et délicieuses. Déposer les truffes dans un bocal en verre pour un cadeau fait maison
Je recommende d’utiliser des dattes de bonne qualité, sans sucre ajouté ou de sirop pour être sur que ça ne sois pas trop sucré
Raw chocolate truffles
- 1 cup of pecan nuts
- 2 cups of medjool dates
- 3 to 4 TBS of raw cacao + extra for the coating
- Cinamon (optional)
- Place the pecan nuts in a food processor. Process until finely ground
- Add the medjool dates little by little and process again for 2 minutes.
- Add the cacao, process again.
- You can add a pinch of salt and cinamon if you wish
- Process until you get a dough.
- Once you get a dough scoop one spoon and roll it into a ball.
- Make the balls and roll it into raw cacao
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes or the fridge for 2 hours
Truffes de chocolat cru
- 1 tasse de noix de pecans
- 2 tasse de dattes (medjool de préférence)
- 3 à 4 C a S de cacao cru
- Pinch de canelle (facultatif)
- Déposer les noix de pecans dans un robot (utiliser la lame S). Mixer pour obtenir une texture poudreuse.
- Ajouter les dattes petit à petit et continuer à mixé.
- Ajouter le cacao cru et mixer encore pendant 2 minutes jusqu'à ce que le tout soit homogène et se Tienne ensemble.
- Former des boules avec une cuillère a soupe.
- Recouvrir les boules de cacao cru.
- Deposer dans le frigo pendant 2 heures ou 30 minutes dans le freezer
- Et voila xxx
Christmas is around the corner and what a better time to think about a few health recipes to add to all the goodies you will be having. I know it’s not really the time of the year when low-fat dishes are on our mind, but if you are a little concerned with the calorie intake, you can easily swap a few dishes with healthier options.
I am sharing a beautiful tasty and yummy recipe for a raw vegan almond & zaatar cheese spread. It is rich in protein but low in fat and is simply delicious on crackers, sourdough bread or baguette.
Les fêtes arrivent à grand pas et c’est le bon moment de penser à des recettes saine et facile à réaliser.
Aujourd’hui je vous propose un fromage cru et vegan aux amandes et zaatar, riche en protéines et faible en gras, délicieux avec du pain ou des crackers.
Raw vegan almond & zaatar cheese
- 1 cup of almonds (soaked, drained & skin removed)
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 TBS of olive oil
- 2 TBS of nutritional yeast
- 3 TBS of lemon juice
- 1 TS of agar agar + 2 TS of water
- 1 TS of zaatar (feel free to add more for a stronger taste)
- 1 garlic clove
- Pinch of salt
- Soak the almond for 2 hours in hot water, remove the skin. It takes a little time but it is easy.
- Place the almonds, garlic,nutritional yeat, lemon juice, zaatar, olive oil, and the salt in a food processor.
- Process until smooth
- In a small saucepan, add the agar agar and water, stir for 15 seconds, pour the mixture in the food processor. Process again for 1 to 2 minutes
- Place a little of olive oil in a ramekins, depending on the size you might need 2 or 3 ramekin.
- Pour the mixture and place in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Unmold the cheese and place on a plate.
- Serve with raw crackers, raw veggies, baguette
- Nutritional yeast is available at Organic food cafe.
- I have seen it at lulu supermarket too for about 30 aed
- It can be kept for up to two weeks in the fridge and only takes about 10 minutes to prepare and 2 hours to set.
Fromage cru vegan aux amandes et zaatar
- 1 tasse d'amandes (trempé, peau retirer)
- 1/4 tasse d'eau
- 2 C a S d'huile d'olive
- 2 C a S de levure maltée
- 3 C a S de jus de citron
- 1 gousse d'ail
- 1 C a S de zaatar
- 1 C a C d'agar agar + 2 C a c d'eau
- Sel, poivre
- Faire tremper les amandes dans un bol rempli d’eau chaude pendant 2h.
- Retirer la peau ( ça prend un peu de temps mais reste facile).
- Déposer les amandes, la levure maltée, citron, zaatar, huile d’olive et le sel dans le robot ( utiliser la lame S).
- Mélanger le tout pendant 1 minute.
- La préparation doit être lisse et homogène.
- Dans une petite casserole ajouter l'agar agar avec l’eau, mélanger pendant 15 secondes.
- Verser le liquide dans le robot et faire tourner pendant 1 a 2 minutes.
- Préparer 2 à 3 ramequins et déposer un peu d’huile d’olive ( le fromage se démoulera plus facilement)
- Remplir les ramequins de fromage , déposer dans le frigo et laisser refroidir pendant 2 heures.
- Démouler les fromages dans une belle assiette.
- Si vous ne trouvez pas de zaatar, les herbes comme le thym, le romarin ou herbes de provence seront très bien.
- Les fromages se gardent 1 semaine au frais
Sometimes we just want to stay in bed, watch a good movie and eat an ice cream!!! this is what happened to me this week end. This coconut, vanilla and banana ice cream is a winner.
You can add any toppings and i am sure everyone will enjoy it
Try and let me know ♥
coco/banana ice cream
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 1/4 ts of vanilla powder
- Maple sirup (optional)
- Dark chocolate
- Sesame seeds
- Place the frozen bananas in a food processor, process for few seconds.
- Add the milk & vanilla, process until you get a smooth & creamy mixture
- Serve in a bowl adding any topping of your choice
Valentine’s day is nearly upon us ♥
Time to get ready for a Rawmantic snack.
The chocolate fondue is made of smooth avocado, raw cacao, oat milk and maple sirup.
It will take 5 minutes to make and it is a delicious treat for littles one too
Rawmantic chocolate fondue
- 1 big avocado or 2 smalls
- 1/4 cup of maple sirup
- 1/2 cup of nut milk
- 4 tbs of raw cacao
- 1 ts of vanilla nectar
- 1 tbs of coconut oil (optional)
- Place all the ingredients in a small high speed blender.
- You might need to add more milk or more sirup according to your taste.
- Place any fruits of your choice on a nice plate.
- Et voila dip the fruits in the chocolate fondue and enjoy
- The fondue will last 4 days in the fridge
Fresh summer rolls are perfect for any occasions: snack, lunch, dinner. You can prepare a big platter of your favourite fillings and let everyone make they own rolls; dipped in the vinaigrette fat free Tibet (recipe from crudessence) or almond butter sauce, it is simply delicious. When I don’t feel like cooking, this is my go to dish, easy to make, ready in a few minutes and a fun meal for the whole family.
The rice paper can usually be found in most supermarkets in Abu Dhabi, a good item to stock up on during a shopping trip.
Fresh Summer rolls
- 1 pack of rice papers
- 2 cups of grated carrots
- 2 cups of grated beetroots
- 3 to 4 small cucumbers finely sliced
- 1 red or yellow pepper finely sliced
- 1 to 2 cups of sprouts
- 1 avocado finely sliced
- Leafy greens (romaine lettuce, spinach, flat kale)
- Spring onions
- Place the vegetables in a big platter
- Fill up a large bowl of hot water ( i used a large skillet pan)
- Dip the rice paper sheet in the water for few seconds, remove and allow it to drip over the bowl a Few seconds to remove the excess water.
- Place the rice paper on a flat surface, add your ingredients starting from the edge of the wrap closest to you.
- Start rolling away from you and tuck in your filling toward you to keep the roll tight. Fold the edge when you reach the middle of the wrap.
- Et voila! the summer rolls are ready. So easy and delicious
My daughter turned one last Saturday. I cannot believe how fast time went by.
To celebrate this big day I wanted to make something easy, healthy that everyone of course could eat, especially Mia. So here we go: Vegan mini Cupcake & Avocado/ Chocolate Frosting.
These cupcakes are light and so yummy :
Vegan mini cupcakes & avocado/ chocolate frosting
- 1 1/2 cup of wholemeal flour
- 1/2 cup of melted cold press coconut oil (or olive oil )
- 1 tbs of baking powder
- 1/2 ts of vanilla powder
- 1/2 cup of maple sirup
- 3/4 cup of almond milk (or any nut milk)
- Avocado/ chocolate frosting
- 1 avocado
- 100g of melted chocolate or 1/2 cup of raw cacao ( I use green and black )
- 3 tbs of maple sirup ( add more if needed)
- Preheat the oven to 240 degrees
- Combine the flour, baking powder, vanilla powder
- Add the melted coconut oil, maple sirup, almond milk,
- Stir well
- Place the mixture into a mini cupcake tray
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Let it cool down while preparing the frosting.
- To make the avocado/ chocolate frosting
- Simply place the avocado, melted chocolate and maple sirup in a small blender. Blend until smooth
- Place the frosting on the cupcakes using a spoon or a decorating tip.
- Eat immediately
- This time i use some melted dark chocolate from Green & Black but some raw cacao or carob powder will have a nice taste too. I made 16 mini cupcakes from the mixture but had only one cupcake tray so i made it in 2 times.
- If you wish to eat the cupcake later, place the frosting in the fridge and assemble last minute.
- I hope you will enjoy as much as we all did.
The end of the week didn’t turn up the way i wanted so we all needed a good energy boost at home to put a big smile on our faces! I had organic pecan nuts brought from UK this summer, local dates from Abu Dhabi, carob powder (Organic Food Cafe at Nation Towers has carob powder) and some beautiful vanilla powder brought by my friend Helena from Uganda … So whats to do with all of this?
Raw pecan & carob brownies of course!
This is so yummy and the brownies didn’t last 10 minutes! those brownies will make you smile
Raw pecan & carob brownies
- 1 cup of pecan + 1/4 cup crushed
- 1/2 cup of carob powder
- 1 cup of pitted dates
- 1/4 ts of vanilla powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 or 2 tbs of water if needed
- Place the pecan in a food processor, process into small chunks
- Remove 1/4 cup of pecan. Set aside
- Add the dates, process, add the carob powder, vanilla & salt, process until you get a sticky mixture
- Add water if needed, but not more than 2 tbs.
- Add the rest of the pecan nuts. Stir well
- Press the mixture in a square pan.
- Place in the fridge for 1 hour or 15 minutes.
- Cut in squares or any shapes and enjoy
Now that my daughter Mia has started nursery, it is time to kick start my weekly workshop with my son Nathan. Every week i will share easy & kids friendly recipes.
Today Nathan made vegan apple tartlets, apple and mango compote. The crust is made of spelt flour, coconut oil and water which is much lighter than a traditional non vegan dough. This recipe is very easy to prepare. If you don’t have time you can get some already made compote and prepare the dough in advance. The crust is made with spelt flour but it will work with wholemeal or buckweat flour too.
Rolling and playing with the dough was definitely lots of fun!!! I was so amazed to see Nathan being so detailed and delicate when placing the apple slices.
Vegan apple tartlets, apple & mango compote
- 150 grams of spelt flour
- half cup of melted coconut oil
- 2 tbs coconut sugar
- 20 cl of warm water
- 1 pinch of salt
- 20 cl of water
- 2 ripes mangoes
- 4 apples
- 2 ts of lemon juice
- 1 ts of vanilla powder
- 1 tbs of coconut sugar ( optional)
- 5 apples
- 1 tbs coconut sugar
- 1 tbs coconut oil melted
- For the compote
- Peel the mangoes and apples, then cut in small cubes.
- Pour the fruits into a saucepan with water and lemon juice, slow heat for 15 minutes
- Let it rest for 1 hour, then blend (will prevent possible burning accident) together with the vanilla
- Et voila! The compote is now ready. It can be stored in a jar for up to 4 days in the fridge.
- For the tartlets
- Preheat the oven to 240 degrees
- Peel the apples, slice and set aside.
- Add the spelt flour, coconut sugar, salt and melted coconut oil in your food processor.
- Pulse for 30 seconds.Slowly add the warm water until you get a dough.
- Shape the dough into 6 balls and flatten into a disc. Start rolling the dough and place into the tartlet tray.
- Repeat the same until you run out of dough.
- Prick the dough with a fork.
- Add the mango and apple compote.
- Place the apple wedges in a spiral shape, begin at the edges of the tart and finish at the center.
- Sprinkle the coconut sugar over the tartlets then brush with coconut oil. This will give the tart some moist.
- Place the tartlets in the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- You will make 6 or 7 tartlets out of the dough depending how thin you like the tarts.
I made those oats biscuits dipped in raw chocolate sauce yesterday for my son’s birthday, they are very nice, kids loved it !!! and can be a nice present too.
Oats biscuits dipped in raw chocolate sauce
- Oats biscuits
- 1tbs chia meal
- 3tbs of water
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup of rice or wholewheat flour
- 1/2 ts baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3/4 cups of rolled oats
- Chocolate sauce
- 1/2 cup of melted cacao butter
- 1/2 cup of raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of maple sirup
- Preheat the oven to 240 degrees
- Mix the chia meal with the water, place in the fridge for 10minutes
- In a bowl mix the coconut oil and the coconut sugar , add the chia mixture stir well for few minutes.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, salt, oats flakes, baking powder.
- Mix the wet ingredients with the dry mixture.
- Take one spoonful of dough, use your hand to roll a small ball, flatten to make the biscuit
- Place in a baking tray, cook for 13 minutes , remove from the tray and let the biscuits cool
- To make the chocolate sauce whisk the cacao butter, raw cacao powder, coconut oil and maple sirup together
- When the biscuits are a bit cooler dip the biscuits into the chocolate sauce and place in the freezer for 10mn to set.
- store in the fridge up to 4 days