My good friend Jean has recently started a 6 weeks challenge where basically you cut off all sugar form, introduce at least one vegetable smoothie per day instead of a meal and do 30 minutes walk 5 days per week.
A litle bit about Jean Charlotte Glen: She is the founder of a popular group on facebook called Natural Alternative Abu Dhabi. She is an Aromatherapist and a reflexologist, she would describe herself as a holistic nutritionist. Jean loves cooking healthy meals and she believes that your medecine is what you eat and which skin care you end up using. She is also currently studying a couselling and life coaching diploma. She is definitely a big inspiration for many of us and she is spending a lots of time on the group helping with making our own skin care products and many more. If you wish to join the group, here is the link to our challenge.
Cutting sugar out was very easy as I realised that the only sugar I was eating was mainly from fruits and dates.
I decided to cut on dates but keep my fruits intake, mainly fruits with low sugar such as berries, apples, kiwi and grapefruits to name few and reduce the pineapple and mangoes, but i wasn’t loosing weight even after going to the gym for 1hour 30 everyday and eating healthy wasn’t making any difference. So i remembered a friend sending me a smoothie cleanse plan last year. I had a closer look at it and started my own 10 days smoothie cleanse challenge. The cleanse smoothie plan is called JJ Smith 10 days cleanse and can be found online through Amazon.
I have been drinking many and plenty of different smoothies this past month. I have lost 3 kilos in 10 days and I am feeling amazing. I also changed my gym workout plan and introduced varied high Intensity exercises in to it. I am now still keeping to two smoothies per day and a raw or cooked meal dinner meal with the family.
I am now going to share few great smoothie recipes that are easy to make and are packed with nutrients, once a week and i hope you will enjoy it
Love Marilyne ♥
Butternut and turmeric golden paste smoothie
A delicious smoothie bowl with turmeric golden paste
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup of raw butternut squash
- 1 raw carrot
- 1 full tea spoon of turmeric golden paste*
- 1 to 2 tbs of flax seeds
- 1 cup of almond milk
- Place all the ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Place the mixture in a bowl, the smoothie should be thick and smooth.
- Add your favorite toppings
- Et voila
- * Turmeric golden paste: i have started using it because of my arthritis symptoms, after 2 weeks of using the paste i have noticed a big difference.
- here is a link for more infos about the Golden paste.
- If you don't have the paste you can also add 1/4 tea spoon of turmeric powder and 1 tea spoon of raw cold press coconut oil
This easy raw overnight soaked porridge breakfast is on my top 5. Very versatile you can mix it with anything you like
Overnight soaked porridge
- 1 cup of rolled oats (GF)
- 1 cup 1/2 of almond milk
- 1 tbs of chia seeds
- sunflower & pumpkin seeds
- 2tbs dried raisins
- 2 tbs of raw almonds
- any topping and fresh fruits
- Coconut sugar (Optional)
- Place the oats and the milk in a big bowl, stir well.
- Add the chia, seeds and almonds
- Place in the fridge overnight.
- Next morning place in jars and add the coconut sugar and pomegranate seeds
- You can add anything you like
- Et voila
I am finally posting the recipe of my 5 ingredients vegan banana pancakes along with my favorite raw jam. The jam is delicious and packed with good things. It can be store for 10 days in the fridge.
So easy and healthy it is a winner at home.
Vegan banana pancakes & raw chia /berries jam
- 1 cup of gluten free flour
- 1 1/2 cup of almond/rice or oat milk
- 1/2 ts of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 to 3 bananas
- 1 cup of berries ( raspberries, blackberries, blueberries)
- 2 tbs of blackstrap molasses
- 1 to 2 tbs of chia seeds
- 1ts of lemon juice
- Place the bananas and the almond milk in a high speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Place the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl, pour the flour mixture into the banana mixture.
- Preheat a pan with a little coconut or canola oil, pour 3 to 4 tbs of batter on the pan.
- Cook for 3 minutes or until the pancakes are golden on both sides.
- Blend the berries, lemon juice & the molasses in a small chopper or food processor, process until well combined.
- Place the mixture in a bowl , add the chia seeds and leave it in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours.
- The jam can be kept up to 10 days in the fridge
One of my top 5 breakfast is definitly chia pudding. I am crazy about it and i love to mix it with superfood, Such as Turmeric, raw cacao, spirulina and many more…
It is fast, easy to make and so delicious. You can have it for breakfast or as a snack. If you have kids i am sure they will love it too… My son is crazy about it and i always have few chia pudding in the fridge so we can have it whenever we want and make our own toppings.
Coconut chia pudding
- 3 tbs chia seeds
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 ts of coconut sugar or maple sirup (optional)
- In a bowl, whisk the coconut milk and the maple sirup
- Add the chia seeds, keep stirring
- Leave in the fridge for at least 40 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Take the chia porridge from the fridge, add the pomegranate seeds and enjoy xx
- You can add anything you like in the chia pudding, it is really your choice, any fresh fruits, dry fruits, nuts seeds etc...
One of my favorite smoothie bowl with spirulina, that i will share with you very soon. Check the color of the bowl! it is amazing ♥
Once you have done the smoothie just grab anything you want: any fruits, nuts, seeds, dried fruits and play around with the colors and have fun.
The constancy of the smoothie will needs to be a little thick so you can add topping nicely.
Beetroot smoothie bowl
- 1 mango
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 beetroot or 2 tbs of beetroot powder
- 2 tbs of flaxseeds
- coconut water or water
- Place the ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth
- Place the smmothie in a bowl. Add any topping and enjoy
I made those oats biscuits dipped in raw chocolate sauce yesterday for my son’s birthday, they are very nice, kids loved it !!! and can be a nice present too.
Oats biscuits dipped in raw chocolate sauce
- Oats biscuits
- 1tbs chia meal
- 3tbs of water
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup of rice or wholewheat flour
- 1/2 ts baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3/4 cups of rolled oats
- Chocolate sauce
- 1/2 cup of melted cacao butter
- 1/2 cup of raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of maple sirup
- Preheat the oven to 240 degrees
- Mix the chia meal with the water, place in the fridge for 10minutes
- In a bowl mix the coconut oil and the coconut sugar , add the chia mixture stir well for few minutes.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, salt, oats flakes, baking powder.
- Mix the wet ingredients with the dry mixture.
- Take one spoonful of dough, use your hand to roll a small ball, flatten to make the biscuit
- Place in a baking tray, cook for 13 minutes , remove from the tray and let the biscuits cool
- To make the chocolate sauce whisk the cacao butter, raw cacao powder, coconut oil and maple sirup together
- When the biscuits are a bit cooler dip the biscuits into the chocolate sauce and place in the freezer for 10mn to set.
- store in the fridge up to 4 days
It is my son’s birthday in 2 weeks and the idea is to organise a baking workshop. So here is a simple recipe for a vegan banana/ chocolate muffins.
Vegan banana/chocolate muffins for 2
- 3 tbs wholemeal flour
- 1/4cup of vegetal milk
- 1/4 ts baking powder
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tbs maple sirup
- 2tbs of melted coconut oil or any vegetal oil of your choice
- 2 1/2 tbs chocolate chip
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt
- Mash the Ripe banana, add the milk, maple sirup, oil, whisk well.
- Mix the wet mixture with the dry ingredients, add the dark chocolate chip.
- Place the mixture in 2 muffins holders and bake for 17 minutes.
- Let it cool down for 10 minutes and enjoy
I love Rawnola! It is easy to make and full of nutrients, you can add some vegetal milk, coconut yogurt or even sprinkle it on your salads.
Cashews and walnuts are a good source of potassium, iron and zinc. My favourites are almonds, I used to think that they were part the nut family when actually they are seeds from the almond’s fruits. Almonds contains : Biotin, vitamin E, vitamin B12, manganese, magnesium,fibre.
Adding a handful of almonds in your daily routine can boost energy, strengthen the immune system, improve skin health, reduce heart disease and help loosing weight. I think of almonds as a magic seed.
Pumpkin and sunflower seeds are a very good source of protein, rich in iron, vitamin E, magnesium and omega 3.
Fennel seeds are rich in fibre, they are a concentrate source of minerals, iron, calcium, potassium and manganese.
Amaranth is one of my precious little seed: gluten free, it contains calcium, potassium and iron. It is also a very good source of protein and is a very versatile so can be used in many different ways.
I am sharing my recipe for Rawnola but you can adapt it depending on what you have in your cupboard.
- 1 cup of cashews
- 1 cup of walnut
- 1 cup of almond
- 50g of coconut chip
- 50g organic dried cramberries
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 50g pumpkind seeds
- 2tbs of fennel seeds
- 50g amaranth pops
- Roughly crush your cashews, almonds and walnuts in your food processor. Not to much as you want to keep it crunchy.
- Add the rest of your dried fruits and seeds.
- Store for 1 week in a jar ... Enjoy
Amaranth is one of my favourite precious little seed, gluten free, it contains calcium, potassium and iron. It is also a very good source of protein, there are many ways of using it and it is gluten free! perfect breakfast if you have a long day ahead, it will for sure keep you full all morning.
Amaranth & peanut butter porridge
- 3/4 cup of organic Amaranth
- 2 cups of almond milk
- 1/4 ts of cinamon (optional)
- 1 tbs of peanut butter
- dash of maple sirup or coconut sugar (Optional)
- add water if needed
- Pour the amaranth and milk in a saucepan.
- Cook for 20mn to 25mn stirring from time to time in low heat.
- The last 5mn add the cinamon, maple sirup (or coconut sugar) stir well. The amaranth will get translucent when done.
- Remove from the heat add the almond butter, whisk to get a creamy porridge.
- Pour in to a bowl and add any fruits, seeds and nuts of your choice.
- Enjoy and have a beautiful day