Sometimes we just want to stay in bed, watch a good movie and eat an ice cream!!! this is what happened to me this week end. This coconut, vanilla and banana ice cream is a winner.
You can add any toppings and i am sure everyone will enjoy it
Try and let me know ♥
coco/banana ice cream
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 1/4 ts of vanilla powder
- Maple sirup (optional)
- Dark chocolate
- Sesame seeds
- Place the frozen bananas in a food processor, process for few seconds.
- Add the milk & vanilla, process until you get a smooth & creamy mixture
- Serve in a bowl adding any topping of your choice
This coconut salad is our favorite at the moment, i am making it few times per week and everyone loves it.
Raw, fresh and full of flavour. The shredded coconut will give a feeling of satiety, it is very versatile, easy to mix with any fruits or vegetables.
The shredded coconut is easy to find in most supermarket in Abu Dhabi such as Waitrose, lulu, Carefour
Raw coconut salad
- 1/2 pack of shredded coconut
- 2 cucumbers (cut in cubes)
- 1 yellow pepper (cut in cubes)
- 1 orange pepper (cut in cubes)
- 1 tomato (cut in cubes)
- half red onion or 1 shallot (finely chopped)
- 1 lime ( juice only)
- Olive oil (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the fresh shredded coconut in a bowl, squeeze the lime, stir well and set aside
- Chop the vegetables
- Mix the vegetables with the coconut. Place in the fridge for 1 hour or serve immediately.
- Keep in the fridge for 3 days xx
Valentine’s day is nearly upon us ♥
Time to get ready for a Rawmantic snack.
The chocolate fondue is made of smooth avocado, raw cacao, oat milk and maple sirup.
It will take 5 minutes to make and it is a delicious treat for littles one too
Rawmantic chocolate fondue
- 1 big avocado or 2 smalls
- 1/4 cup of maple sirup
- 1/2 cup of nut milk
- 4 tbs of raw cacao
- 1 ts of vanilla nectar
- 1 tbs of coconut oil (optional)
- Place all the ingredients in a small high speed blender.
- You might need to add more milk or more sirup according to your taste.
- Place any fruits of your choice on a nice plate.
- Et voila dip the fruits in the chocolate fondue and enjoy
- The fondue will last 4 days in the fridge
A big thank you to Anne – Sophie, Lila, Nirmala, Samidha, Monika, Helena, Leah and Cynthia for coming to my raw food workshop last week.
I truly enjoyed meeting great people, the good vibes and learning new things.
Watch this spacce for my next workshop: Food & pack lunches for kids… Sometimes in March
Fresh summer rolls are perfect for any occasions: snack, lunch, dinner. You can prepare a big platter of your favourite fillings and let everyone make they own rolls; dipped in the vinaigrette fat free Tibet (recipe from crudessence) or almond butter sauce, it is simply delicious. When I don’t feel like cooking, this is my go to dish, easy to make, ready in a few minutes and a fun meal for the whole family.
The rice paper can usually be found in most supermarkets in Abu Dhabi, a good item to stock up on during a shopping trip.
Fresh Summer rolls
- 1 pack of rice papers
- 2 cups of grated carrots
- 2 cups of grated beetroots
- 3 to 4 small cucumbers finely sliced
- 1 red or yellow pepper finely sliced
- 1 to 2 cups of sprouts
- 1 avocado finely sliced
- Leafy greens (romaine lettuce, spinach, flat kale)
- Spring onions
- Place the vegetables in a big platter
- Fill up a large bowl of hot water ( i used a large skillet pan)
- Dip the rice paper sheet in the water for few seconds, remove and allow it to drip over the bowl a Few seconds to remove the excess water.
- Place the rice paper on a flat surface, add your ingredients starting from the edge of the wrap closest to you.
- Start rolling away from you and tuck in your filling toward you to keep the roll tight. Fold the edge when you reach the middle of the wrap.
- Et voila! the summer rolls are ready. So easy and delicious
Busy during the week? No time to prepare something healthy? I really recommend to try these “salad in a jar” . They are easy to make. Fun to prepare in advance.
Here you will find a mix of tomatoes, cucumber, sprouts and corn but feel free to play with the veggies, add anything you like or anything you have! Make it bigger too.
The glass jars (WRECK) are available at Tchibo.
Salad in a jar
- 1 to 2 raw corn ( or 1 small cooked jar of corn )
- 4 small cucumbers
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- Sprouts of your choice
- 1 kale leave (optional)
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 small date
- 2tbs of lemon
- 2 tbs of olive oil
- pinch of salt
- Place all the ingedients in a small blender. Blend until smooth.
- Chop the tomatoes and cucumbers
- Strip the corn cobs with a knife.
- Place 2 to 4 tbs of dressing at the bottom of the jar
- add the cucumbers, tomatoes, sprouts & corn.
- Screw the lids on the jar. Place in the fridge up to 4 days
- When ready to eat, shake the salad and enjoy
- If you prefer the salad without the dressing, it is perfectly ok.
- If you add the dressing, it will have to be at the bottom, then you add hard vegetables, cooked grains and finish by leafy greens.
- You can play with the veggies and add anything you have in the fridge. Make it bigger too.
- The jar are available at Tchibo at the moment
One of my top 5 breakfast is definitly chia pudding. I am crazy about it and i love to mix it with superfood, Such as Turmeric, raw cacao, spirulina and many more…
It is fast, easy to make and so delicious. You can have it for breakfast or as a snack. If you have kids i am sure they will love it too… My son is crazy about it and i always have few chia pudding in the fridge so we can have it whenever we want and make our own toppings.
Coconut chia pudding
- 3 tbs chia seeds
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 ts of coconut sugar or maple sirup (optional)
- In a bowl, whisk the coconut milk and the maple sirup
- Add the chia seeds, keep stirring
- Leave in the fridge for at least 40 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Take the chia porridge from the fridge, add the pomegranate seeds and enjoy xx
- You can add anything you like in the chia pudding, it is really your choice, any fresh fruits, dry fruits, nuts seeds etc...
Happy new year everyone!
January is usually the month of detox after all the celebrations over Christmas and new year, so today I am sharing this recipe: raw cardamom, coco & choco bliss balls’.
Easy to make and to store, those raw balls are delicious.
Raw cardamom, coco & choco bliss balls
- 1 cup of roasted hazelnuts
- 10 cardamom seeds (add more for a stronger test)
- 1/4 cup of raw cacao
- 1 cup of dates
- 1/2 cup of dessicated coconut + 1/4 cup for garnish
- Place the roasted hazelnuts in a food processor.
- Add the cardamon seeds, dates, raw cacao & dessicated coconut.
- Process until you get a dough.
- Make the balls and roll it into the dessicated coconut.
- Place the balls in the fridge for 2 hours or freezer for 30 minutes
- You can keep the balls in the air container up to 1 week
As i am writing it is already 10pm ! I am off to India tomorrow but i really wanted to share this recipe with you. This brownie fondant is a healthy option for christmas.
I made it for my son’s christmas party and it was a real success.
Vegan brownie fondant
- 100g of dark chocolate (crushed)
- 60g of coconut sugar
- 250g of apple sauce (Homemade)
- 100g of wholemeal flour
- 1 ts of baking powder
- 60g of crushed almonds
- 40g of raw cacao powder
- 3 tbs of almond milk
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
- Prepare a square baking tray (20 x 20)
- in a bowl , mix the apple sauce, sugar, coconut oil, and milk
- In another bowl mix the flour, baking powder, raw cacao
- Mix the wet and dry mixture together
- Place the crushed almonds and crushed chocolate in the mixture
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Leave it for 30 minutes to cool down. Cut in small square and enjoy
One of my favorite smoothie bowl with spirulina, that i will share with you very soon. Check the color of the bowl! it is amazing ♥
Once you have done the smoothie just grab anything you want: any fruits, nuts, seeds, dried fruits and play around with the colors and have fun.
The constancy of the smoothie will needs to be a little thick so you can add topping nicely.
Beetroot smoothie bowl
- 1 mango
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 beetroot or 2 tbs of beetroot powder
- 2 tbs of flaxseeds
- coconut water or water
- Place the ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth
- Place the smmothie in a bowl. Add any topping and enjoy