If you know me by now you will notice how crazy i am with kale. One of my favorite way of using kale is to make salads, you can marinate the kale in differents ways and add anything you like.
Few days ago i tried a molasse based dressing… So delicious
Blackstrap molasses is a very healthy sweetener, a good source of iron.
Two tablespoons of blackstrap contain 13.2 percent of our RDI of iron, which our bodies need to carry oxygen to our blood cells. People who are anemic (including pregnant women) will greatly benefit from consuming 1-2 tablespoons of blackstrap molasses per day.
This salad is very easy to make and perfect for pack lunch.
- 1 bunch of kale (washed, ribs removed, finely chopped)
- 2 cups of red cabbage (finely chopped)
- 2 peppers (cut in small cubes)
- 1 shallot (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup of almond flakes
- Edible flowers
- 2 tbs of olive oil
- 2 tbs of aplle cider vinegar
- 1tbs of molasses
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbs of tamari sauce
- 1/2 cup of water
- To make the marinade, place all the ingredients in a small blender. Blend until smooth.
- Remove the ribs of the kale and wash it. put half of the marinade and the kale in a bowl.
- Massage gently with your hands.
- Set aside for 1 hour.
- Add the peppers, shallots and red cabbage,stir well.
- Preheat a pan, place the almond flakes for 3 minutes
- Add the almonds to the salad and enjoy.
- The salad will last for 1 full day. so it is perfect for pack lunch