I am finally posting the recipe of my 5 ingredients vegan banana pancakes along with my favorite raw jam. The jam is delicious and packed with good things. It can be store for 10 days in the fridge.
So easy and healthy it is a winner at home.
Vegan banana pancakes & raw chia /berries jam
- 1 cup of gluten free flour
- 1 1/2 cup of almond/rice or oat milk
- 1/2 ts of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 to 3 bananas
- 1 cup of berries ( raspberries, blackberries, blueberries)
- 2 tbs of blackstrap molasses
- 1 to 2 tbs of chia seeds
- 1ts of lemon juice
- Place the bananas and the almond milk in a high speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Place the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl, pour the flour mixture into the banana mixture.
- Preheat a pan with a little coconut or canola oil, pour 3 to 4 tbs of batter on the pan.
- Cook for 3 minutes or until the pancakes are golden on both sides.
- Blend the berries, lemon juice & the molasses in a small chopper or food processor, process until well combined.
- Place the mixture in a bowl , add the chia seeds and leave it in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours.
- The jam can be kept up to 10 days in the fridge
If you know me by now you will notice how crazy i am with kale. One of my favorite way of using kale is to make salads, you can marinate the kale in differents ways and add anything you like.
Few days ago i tried a molasse based dressing… So delicious
Blackstrap molasses is a very healthy sweetener, a good source of iron.
Two tablespoons of blackstrap contain 13.2 percent of our RDI of iron, which our bodies need to carry oxygen to our blood cells. People who are anemic (including pregnant women) will greatly benefit from consuming 1-2 tablespoons of blackstrap molasses per day.
This salad is very easy to make and perfect for pack lunch.
Easy kale salad with molasses marinade
Easy kale salad with a delicious molasse marinade
- 1 bunch of kale (washed, ribs removed, finely chopped)
- 2 cups of red cabbage (finely chopped)
- 2 peppers (cut in small cubes)
- 1 shallot (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup of almond flakes
- Edible flowers
- 2 tbs of olive oil
- 2 tbs of aplle cider vinegar
- 1tbs of molasses
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbs of tamari sauce
- 1/2 cup of water
- To make the marinade, place all the ingredients in a small blender. Blend until smooth.
- Remove the ribs of the kale and wash it. put half of the marinade and the kale in a bowl.
- Massage gently with your hands.
- Set aside for 1 hour.
- Add the peppers, shallots and red cabbage,stir well.
- Preheat a pan, place the almond flakes for 3 minutes
- Add the almonds to the salad and enjoy.
- The salad will last for 1 full day. so it is perfect for pack lunch