Busy during the week? No time to prepare something healthy? I really recommend to try these “salad in a jar” . They are easy to make. Fun to prepare in advance.
Here you will find a mix of tomatoes, cucumber, sprouts and corn but feel free to play with the veggies, add anything you like or anything you have! Make it bigger too.
The glass jars (WRECK) are available at Tchibo.
- 1 to 2 raw corn ( or 1 small cooked jar of corn )
- 4 small cucumbers
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- Sprouts of your choice
- 1 kale leave (optional)
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 small date
- 2tbs of lemon
- 2 tbs of olive oil
- pinch of salt
- Place all the ingedients in a small blender. Blend until smooth.
- Chop the tomatoes and cucumbers
- Strip the corn cobs with a knife.
- Place 2 to 4 tbs of dressing at the bottom of the jar
- add the cucumbers, tomatoes, sprouts & corn.
- Screw the lids on the jar. Place in the fridge up to 4 days
- When ready to eat, shake the salad and enjoy
- If you prefer the salad without the dressing, it is perfectly ok.
- If you add the dressing, it will have to be at the bottom, then you add hard vegetables, cooked grains and finish by leafy greens.
- You can play with the veggies and add anything you have in the fridge. Make it bigger too.
- The jar are available at Tchibo at the moment