Fresh summer rolls are perfect for any occasions: snack, lunch, dinner. You can prepare a big platter of your favourite fillings and let everyone make they own rolls; dipped in the vinaigrette fat free Tibet (recipe from crudessence) or almond butter sauce, it is simply delicious. When I don’t feel like cooking, this is my go to dish, easy to make, ready in a few minutes and a fun meal for the whole family.
The rice paper can usually be found in most supermarkets in Abu Dhabi, a good item to stock up on during a shopping trip.
Fresh Summer rolls
- 1 pack of rice papers
- 2 cups of grated carrots
- 2 cups of grated beetroots
- 3 to 4 small cucumbers finely sliced
- 1 red or yellow pepper finely sliced
- 1 to 2 cups of sprouts
- 1 avocado finely sliced
- Leafy greens (romaine lettuce, spinach, flat kale)
- Spring onions
- Place the vegetables in a big platter
- Fill up a large bowl of hot water ( i used a large skillet pan)
- Dip the rice paper sheet in the water for few seconds, remove and allow it to drip over the bowl a Few seconds to remove the excess water.
- Place the rice paper on a flat surface, add your ingredients starting from the edge of the wrap closest to you.
- Start rolling away from you and tuck in your filling toward you to keep the roll tight. Fold the edge when you reach the middle of the wrap.
- Et voila! the summer rolls are ready. So easy and delicious
Busy during the week? No time to prepare something healthy? I really recommend to try these “salad in a jar” . They are easy to make. Fun to prepare in advance.
Here you will find a mix of tomatoes, cucumber, sprouts and corn but feel free to play with the veggies, add anything you like or anything you have! Make it bigger too.
The glass jars (WRECK) are available at Tchibo.
Salad in a jar
- 1 to 2 raw corn ( or 1 small cooked jar of corn )
- 4 small cucumbers
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- Sprouts of your choice
- 1 kale leave (optional)
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 small date
- 2tbs of lemon
- 2 tbs of olive oil
- pinch of salt
- Place all the ingedients in a small blender. Blend until smooth.
- Chop the tomatoes and cucumbers
- Strip the corn cobs with a knife.
- Place 2 to 4 tbs of dressing at the bottom of the jar
- add the cucumbers, tomatoes, sprouts & corn.
- Screw the lids on the jar. Place in the fridge up to 4 days
- When ready to eat, shake the salad and enjoy
- If you prefer the salad without the dressing, it is perfectly ok.
- If you add the dressing, it will have to be at the bottom, then you add hard vegetables, cooked grains and finish by leafy greens.
- You can play with the veggies and add anything you have in the fridge. Make it bigger too.
- The jar are available at Tchibo at the moment
One of my top 5 breakfast is definitly chia pudding. I am crazy about it and i love to mix it with superfood, Such as Turmeric, raw cacao, spirulina and many more…
It is fast, easy to make and so delicious. You can have it for breakfast or as a snack. If you have kids i am sure they will love it too… My son is crazy about it and i always have few chia pudding in the fridge so we can have it whenever we want and make our own toppings.
Coconut chia pudding
- 3 tbs chia seeds
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 ts of coconut sugar or maple sirup (optional)
- In a bowl, whisk the coconut milk and the maple sirup
- Add the chia seeds, keep stirring
- Leave in the fridge for at least 40 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Take the chia porridge from the fridge, add the pomegranate seeds and enjoy xx
- You can add anything you like in the chia pudding, it is really your choice, any fresh fruits, dry fruits, nuts seeds etc...
Happy new year everyone!
January is usually the month of detox after all the celebrations over Christmas and new year, so today I am sharing this recipe: raw cardamom, coco & choco bliss balls’.
Easy to make and to store, those raw balls are delicious.
Raw cardamom, coco & choco bliss balls
- 1 cup of roasted hazelnuts
- 10 cardamom seeds (add more for a stronger test)
- 1/4 cup of raw cacao
- 1 cup of dates
- 1/2 cup of dessicated coconut + 1/4 cup for garnish
- Place the roasted hazelnuts in a food processor.
- Add the cardamon seeds, dates, raw cacao & dessicated coconut.
- Process until you get a dough.
- Make the balls and roll it into the dessicated coconut.
- Place the balls in the fridge for 2 hours or freezer for 30 minutes
- You can keep the balls in the air container up to 1 week